In the post-production portion of our collaborative film, I have logged the footage and placed them in a sequence on Premiere Pro. I have added the audio track that goes along with the film and the instrumental I created using GarageBand (which I will send to Alexa by sharing it on Google Drive). To begin the editing stages, I have only inserted the black slate as required by IB standards. Other than that, I have not yet begun to cut and edit the shots themselves.
Before I do so, I am taking the time to read and review some editing techniques that we have learned in class in regards to tempo, continuity, montage, and transitions. I am reading further into how color grading and the speed of each shot affect the film. In a similar way to how I created a storyboard for the cinematography shots, I have started to construct a 'storyboard' that outlines my goals for editing and the effects I have envisioned for each shot. For example, I plan for our collaborative to slowly involve more color as the plot progresses. In the true nature of an avant-garde film, the ideas can be as abstract as I'd like that satisfies the effect I wish to convey in the film; the film is surrounded by finding love, a looking inward. So, I have planned to make use of slow-motion effects to replicate the feeling of meeting someone you find yourself attracted to and eventually how it feels to be with someone you truly love, as if "time stops."
Overall, the main emotion of the film should transition from hopeless, to a love fulfilled. With the help of slow-motion editing, color grading, and montage editing, I can achieve a happy ending in this collaborative film.
Before I do so, I am taking the time to read and review some editing techniques that we have learned in class in regards to tempo, continuity, montage, and transitions. I am reading further into how color grading and the speed of each shot affect the film. In a similar way to how I created a storyboard for the cinematography shots, I have started to construct a 'storyboard' that outlines my goals for editing and the effects I have envisioned for each shot. For example, I plan for our collaborative to slowly involve more color as the plot progresses. In the true nature of an avant-garde film, the ideas can be as abstract as I'd like that satisfies the effect I wish to convey in the film; the film is surrounded by finding love, a looking inward. So, I have planned to make use of slow-motion effects to replicate the feeling of meeting someone you find yourself attracted to and eventually how it feels to be with someone you truly love, as if "time stops."
Overall, the main emotion of the film should transition from hopeless, to a love fulfilled. With the help of slow-motion editing, color grading, and montage editing, I can achieve a happy ending in this collaborative film.
Comments
Post a Comment