Spaghetti Western films are Western films shot in Italy between the 1960s and the 1970s; conventions of this genre typically include those of the Western genre, of which are a good guy versus bad guy plot, a lot of violence, and a "final showdown."
Tarantino uses Spaghetti Western genre for this World War II film to demonstrate the brutality of war through violence and action.
Tarantino subverts the film genre firstly by making it comical. I didn't expect a spaghetti western film on the topic of World War II to evoke laughter at some parts of the film.
Secondly, Shosanna does not fall in love with the soldier like one would expect; though Tarantino sets it up as if they were, I feel like he wanted to kill any hope of romance to demonstrate that there was nothing lovely about the wartime period.
Lastly, I most certainly didn't expect the Lieutenant NOT kill the Colonel at the end of the movie.
Tarantino uses Spaghetti Western genre for this World War II film to demonstrate the brutality of war through violence and action.
Tarantino subverts the film genre firstly by making it comical. I didn't expect a spaghetti western film on the topic of World War II to evoke laughter at some parts of the film.
Secondly, Shosanna does not fall in love with the soldier like one would expect; though Tarantino sets it up as if they were, I feel like he wanted to kill any hope of romance to demonstrate that there was nothing lovely about the wartime period.
Lastly, I most certainly didn't expect the Lieutenant NOT kill the Colonel at the end of the movie.
Comments
Post a Comment