Collaborative Film: Pre-Production Part 1

The production role I'd like to explore is the cinematographer role. I want to explore the cinematographer role because it is my favorite part about making a film, the actual filming process. I have a strong fascination with creating and setting up a shot to convey a meaning.

Not only that, I feel that I have a strong handle with camera usage: setting up the camera on a tripod and its camera settings with the correct ISO mode, the frames per second, and the aspect ratio. I have noticed my improvement with using the manual mode to focus and in achieving a depth of field. Since I have learned the elements and principles of design, I made sure to pay attention to detail and to be more detailed oriented in setting up my shots. I understand and have a strong grasp with using the different elements and principles in the environment I'm given to work in. I have intentions to use a variety of shot types and camera movements to keep the audience engaged and a goal to make the audience appreciative of the composition of the film itself.

When it comes to being assessed, I feel that my strongest area when creating a film is the cinematography part in which I can conduct the camera using different angles and movements to achieve the emotion of the scene to resonate with the audience. Knowing my strengths and my weaknesses, my cinematographer has been strong since the beginning and will continue to improve with experience and as I am introduced to new techniques.

Comments