The comments received on our film included those of good response to our shot set-up regarding principles of design. For example, the three shots that the class responded well to was the shot with the stairs, the shot with the pull-ups, and the shot of Alexa leaving the art room. The class said we did well with the stairs shot because of the diagonal lines and the worm's eye view shot. Mr. Bomboy even mentioned that the shot reminded him of the style of German Expressionism. The class also liked the formal balance in the pull-up scene and the noticeable background of rhythm and primary colors. Lastly, the class liked the bird's eye view shot of Alexa leaving the room because it was also framed by an overlay of Alexa's silhouette.
I feel like those particular three shots were our best shots as well. They were detailed in what we wanted from our storyboard and were the best-executed scenes of our film. I feel like my group and I, mainly for myself, are good at setting up the camera and recognizing elements and principles of design to further convey the meaning we want.
As for aspects we can improve on, the class said that we could add another edit to create better transitions as the film develops. Personally, I feel we could incorporate and improve on using more camera techniques such as select focus, zooming, aperture, and more.
Statement: I have recognized that my strengths in filmmaking include setting up shots with strong principles of design and I can improve on using more camera techniques and camera movements; therefore, for my next film, I plan on writing in specific places on where I want the shot to be done. With that, I want to do more exploring in the school so I know the specific places with natural principles of design I can incorporate.
Comments
Post a Comment