Critique of "The Battle of Kahoot"
- The class did not get a chance to critique the film I created (when I was present, at least). However, I feel like I did my best work in the technical aspect with the editing. We had the lights off during our shot, so to make sure we had enough lighting still, we used a light from the photography room.
- I feel like I need to improve on creating a tempo within the film, especially during the portion where the plot heightens. With that as well, I think my acting and facial expressions could've been more serious since we were trying to act out a fight.
Overall, I have identified that my strengths include editing, especially when adapting to unexpected issues with the shots, and incorporating different shot types and movements. On the other hand, weaknesses that I have noticed include the lack of tempo created in the video, appropriate emotions displayed in actions, and perhaps the primary stage of creating a storyboard; the process was a bit rocky in regards to what we wanted to shoot.
Therefore, for future projects I plan to focus and fix, firstly, the storyboard that will lay out each action and what principle of design and shot type/movement will be used. Even though we did that, it was not as clear as it could have been. In addition to that, I will probably include how long or short I want the shot to be as to create tempo in accordance to its place in the plot. Lastly, I am a bit camera shy but my acting skills will come with time and more exposure and experience. For editing, I can challenge myself to use After Effects, to include a score or music, and potentially to incorporate different cut away types like overlays or where there are multiple shots in a frame.
Comments
Post a Comment